Sunday, December 27, 2009
I stayed at the Flamingo Hotel when I last went to Vegas and they redid the rooms to have a retro '50s/'60s look. I loved the look of the hotel room, and wanted to show everyone the awesome vinyl headboards they had on there. They were a white plastic feel, and would be such a neat look if there were vintage records on the walls. Here's our room.
Monday, December 21, 2009
Sunday, December 20, 2009
I know it's been a while since I've written but I just made the most delicious lemon meringue pie. . .from SCRATCH! Just as Ms. Bree Hodge would do it :) I got the recipe off of Food Network and it is just heaven.
This is the link to literally a slice of heaven. Do be sure to make it for all of your relatives around now. Even though it is actually more of a summer time recipe, it really would impress them! Give it a try sometime.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
I made cookies the other day to bring to a presentation I had today...sort of a swaying of their opinions in the long run, if you will..haha. But the recipe, which I got off FoodNetwork.com was simply splendid! Everyone loved the cookies and went back for seconds! When I'm at home next, I'll put the recipe up; it was off of another's own recipe, but I added a few of my own ingredients. Something to look forward to! Tata!
Sunday, November 1, 2009
This morning I thought I'd make a basket of muffins to bring with me into work tonight. The muffins are quite delicious and they are healthy tiny cup muffins with jam in the middle of them and fruit either on top or in the middle as well. They're very good.
Here's the recipe:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup quick oats or wheat germ
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup cooking oil
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup fresh blueberries, peaches, pecans, etc
butter to grease the tins
- Heat the over 400 degrees and grease the muffin tins if you're not using cups.
- In a bowl mix flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt, then dig a hole in the middle.
- In another bowl mix the egg with the milk and oil, and pour this into the hole in the first mixture.
- Stir until mixed.
- Now add the fruit inside
- Fill the muffin cup half way then but a teaspoon of jam in the center leaving batter all around it.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Done!
Saturday, October 31, 2009
This morning I decided I'd make some company that I had over for the holiday some pancakes from scratch. I found this recipe off Food Network online, and it is absolutely amazing! The pancakes come out all nice and fluffy and not too many ingredients are needed to be incorporated.
Here's the recipe:
1 1/2 cups of flour
3 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp nutmeg
2 large eggs, room temp.
1 1/4 cup of milk, room temp.
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp. unsalted butter
mini chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and nutmeg.
2. Then in a smaller bowl beat the eggs, then toss in the milk and vanilla. After this put in the butter.
3. Whisk the dry ingredients to the milk mixture then fold in the chocolate chips (however many you want) I put about a 1/2 cup.
4. Then you're ready to bake!
The direction I'd like to take with this is being Bree in everyday life. Not the stickler part, but the '50s housewife motif that she puts on in every episode of Desperate Housewives. The cooking every meal from scratch, cleaning everything in her home until it's spotless, and making sure your house has proper decor and is always tidy in case someone unexpectedly stops by! Oh the life of a redhead!