Saturday, July 17, 2010
Fun Idea for Kid's Birthday Cake! Lotso-Lovin'-Bear!
For a fun new idea of an easy birthday cake to make for your kid's birthday, check out this simple white cake recipe.
Because in the new Toy Story 3 movie they say how Lotso smells like strawberries, so I thought it'd be a cute idea to have strawberry frosting then bright purple for his nose, and I used brown jimmy sprinkles for his eyebrows. Turned out pretty cute!! We were said to cute into it.
Here's the recipe:
* 2 3/4 cups sifted cake flour
* 4 teaspoons baking powder
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 4 egg whites
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 3/4 cup butter
* 1 cup milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon almond extract
1. Measure sifted flour, baking powder, and salt; sift together three times.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add 1/2 cup sugar gradually, and continue beating only until meringue will hold up in soft peaks.
3. Cream butter or margarine. Gradually add remaining 1 cup sugar, and cream together until light and fluffy. Add sifted ingredients alternately with milk a small amount at a time, beating after each addition until smooth. Mix in flavorings. Add meringue, and beat thoroughly into batter. Spread batter in a 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan which has been lined on the bottom with parchment paper.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool cake in pan 10 minutes, then remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. This cake may also be baked in two 9 inch round pans for 30 to 35 minutes, or in three 8 inch round pans for 25 to 30 minutes.