Sunday, September 5, 2010
Crowd-Pleasing Oatmeal Cookies!
Decided to bake some delicious oatmeal cookies tonight...from scratch, of course. I found this great recipe online that is so simple, and it includes all of the ingredients that anyone would have so you're not left running to the store for one minor addition.
Here's the recipe from Allrecipes.com (http://bit.ly/bzyHDa)...Enjoy!
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3 cups quick cooking oats
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats and nuts until just blended. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Cookies should be at least 2 inches apart.
3. Bake for about 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies on a wire rack.